Here's some ideas from Nick Somebody about what to do instead of eat sugar,,, I do ALL of these already... except what's a quest bar?? and I only did the tea when I was on the Vdiet and didn't have any shakes left for the day and wanted something!
When sugar is taken away from you completely or you decide to give it up, such as a ‘diet’, you go through withdrawals & start to become anxious because you just want a little taste of that feel good feeling. Because sugar is addictive you need to take care of this through sheer WILL POWER. As I said, your mind is incredibly powerful, so use it for good!
Here are my tips that I use to help me beat the cravings (especially during contest prep.):
1. Eat protein at every meal so you never go hungry 2. Make your own baked goodies with oat flour and stevia sweetener
3. Plan a day that you can allow yourself to have a some sweets so you can look forward to them rather than feel deprived from them
4. Brush your teeth
5. Drink hot tea with stevia sweetener it takes a longer time to drink which keeps you busy
6. Drink lots of water and make it sweet if you like with Crystal Light
7. Eat a Quest Bar
8. DON’T BUY IT, if you don’t buy it you won’t eat
9. Blend a protein shake (there’s so many delicious flavors!)
10. Chew mint gum
Here,,, I'll give the Nick Guy credit: