Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A short leg workout

A LEG WORKOUT (Feb 21, 2012)

4 sets of 15 reps
Squats- (85lbs) do 2 sets wide stance and 2 sets narrow, get low!
(I could have done more weight but I am already sore the next day so I'm glad I did what I did!)
superset with:
Straight leg deadlift- 95lbs

4 sets: HIGH box step ups hold a 15lb dumbbell, one in each hand - do 10 reps per leg

Calves on leg press (at least 90lbs):
4 sets- of 25 reps!!! 1st- straight, 2nd- toes in, 3rd toes out, 4th- toes point straight again
(I HATE working calves... I think they are BIG enough, but trainer Justen made me- and damn, they're sore today!)

STAIRS- body weight squats Use a real set of stairs or like a rope type ladder that lies on the floor-
--Wide stance, feet on the outside of the ladder (squat LOW!)
--At the first “rung or step” do one squat, 2nd- do two squats, 3rd – do 3 squats… etc.
    Need to go to the 12th -15th “step” (We did 18 total stairs last night- turned out to be over 160 squats)
FUN, FUN~!  ENJOY~

No comments:

Post a Comment