Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kids Cookie dough balls

My kids absolutely LOVE these "cookies"

1 package of graham crackers
3 T. honey
1 T. melted coconut oil
1 C. peanut butter
1 scoop of protein powder (I use the plain with no added "stuff") Add  more or less for the right consistency to make thick "dough" to be able to roll into balls. However, if it gets too thick and dry they won't stick together!

optional add ins: crasins, raisins, unsalted sunflower seeds or mini chocolate chips, etc

Blend the graham crackers and protein powder in the food processor until a fine powder
Add the peanut butter, oil and honey and blend well
Then I transfer it into a mixing bowl and stir in my "add in's" with a fork.  I like the dried cranberries because they add color! heehee!
Roll the dough into small balls, wrap in plastic wrap and keep them in the freezer or fridge.

Note to the moms who don't want to gain weight:  These are called "Kids" Cookie Dough Balls for a reason.  Oakley calls them his "Gainer's!"   They are a tasty, addicting treat that are way too high in fat, calories and carbs!!  I have to chew a fresh piece of gum when I start rolling them into balls to keep me from nibbling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment