Friday, July 20, 2012

what do you eat for breakfast???

PLEASE,,, Someone,,, please make this breakfast and tell me you like it!  I love this breakfast so much, I swear I've had it everyday for over a year.  But, every time I make it for someone else they don't love it!  Geez, my bestie, Melissa, wouldn't even taste it!   So, if you make it please let me know what you think!  If you don't love it, that's okay,,, more for me!
I came up with this breakfast because I wanted less dishes... I was making my eggs and oatmeal in two separate pans.  I thought I could combine them and make it a "sweet breakfast"  (I have such a sweet tooth!)
ingredients:
3 egg whites
1 C water
3 or 4 teasp. Ideal brown sugar or Truvia sugar
1/2 C Old fashioned Oats
a little vanilla extract
a little almond extract
(if you hate almond, it won't hurt my feelins if ya cut this out, although, I think that's what makes it uniquely yummy!)
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein
dash of cinnamon (optional)

Spray a small pan.  Over medium heat fry the the egg whites with the extracts.  I like to "chop" the egg whites into small pieces as they cook. 
Add the water and oatmeal. stir and cook until the oatmeal is done (add a little more water if necessary). 
Stir in the protein powder, "Sugar" and throw a dash of cinnamon on top. 
At this point I usually turn off the burner and let it set as I get the kids breakfast ready.
Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment