Sunday, October 13, 2013

Almond Joys

I'm always making protein treats of some sort that my family likes to consume. This particular day I was making almond protein balls, just like I had so many times, but this day these protein balls turned out a little different.

As I was mixing up the ingredients and I started to roll them into balls, my ten year old overheard me complaining that they were too sticky. Thankfully he knew what to do, "Hey Mom we have coconut, just roll them in coconut!" 
And so that's exactly what I did! 

As the family gathered around for a
sampling I heard someone yell out "These are just like Almond Joys"
And ohhh, what a JOY they were! 

INGREDIENTS:
1 jar of natural creamy almond butter
1/4 c ( or less) honey 
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 packets of TLS chocolate whey protein (or TLS chocolate
nutrition shake would probably work- it would just change the nutrition facts)
3/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut 
Optional (probably not on your approved food list)- a handful of mini chocolate chips
 Mix all ingredients except the coconut and form into balls.
Roll in coconut.
Store in airtight container in the freezer (or the fridge if you like them soft.)
                        ENJOY!!! 


Nutition Facts per ball: 24 servings Calories: 114   Carbs: 6 grams   Fat: 8 grams   Protein: 4 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment