Monday, March 16, 2009

What in the world?

I know this really isn't that big of a deal but this is what is my "Hot Topic" in my life, or "Not So Hot Topic" as my friend Susie would say! My Body Shop business, was just starting to grow and as I was planning on making extra spending money, I was just hit with a brick wall. The Body Shop at Home is CLOSING! I still can't believe it and don't know what I will do when I can't just order more body butter,,, (at a 25% discount!) I seriously, just starting having more parties and I have 2 or 3 more parties booked! Luckily I can still hold the parties and place orders until the end of April. However, my mind is not comprehending that I will not be able to sale or buy my body shop! I have been a faithful consultant since Oakley was 4 months old! FIVE YEARS I have had my body butter and body shop makeup at my easy access! The negative thoughts in my head are,,, 'I don't even want to order from them "online" if they are laying me off!' BUT yet I DO LOVE MY BODY BUTTER! I feel so betrayed but yet very thankful I didn't quit my job to stay home and work my Body Shop business full time!

I am praying I passed my Praxis test, I took on Sat because if I didn't I will only have one more chance to take it! If I don't pass it the second time I lose my SD teaching certificate and LOSE my job! I won't be a teacher in SD. This test was very hard and boy did it make me feel stupid... "ARE you smarter than a 5th grader?" I sure didn't feel smarter than a second grader while taking this test that was supposed to be "elementary level" English, Reading, Math, Science and Social Studies! I am sorry but it wasn't Elem. level! I think I did very well on the Lang. Arts and did okay on the math but the science and social studies I am pretty sure kicked my butt! As Cory said, I need to stay positive and just assume I passed but I can't help but worry about my future as an educator all because of one test! As a colleague and I discussed, this test will NOT make me a better teacher! BUT, after I pass it, I will be labeled "Highly Qualified" to teach the above subjects! I am sorry, but this is NOT right! We as teachers do NOT base our students' knowledge and ability to be successful on ONE TEST! AGH! I literally prayed to God during the test,,, "LORD, I don't know this one so please guide my pencil to the right one! God, please help me guess right! GOD, PLEASE help me pass! PLEASE!

1 comment:

  1. I have some ideas for you as far as a side business. But God must have a better plan for you. He will NOT leave you or Forsake you! remember....."For I know the Plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans for HOPE and a FUTURE". This is HIS promise!!

    love you,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete